Responder
DAE Avatar
Mary Rose
Usuario del Foro
Usuario del Foro

Tinnitus and pfizer vaccine?

Mensaje por Mary Rose »

Hi Everyone
I am 78 years old and in excellent health. I had a bout of tinnitus in 2005 during an extremely stressful year. It came and went and then disappeared after a few weeks. I have had nothing since then UNTIL NOW.
I had the first pfizer shot on August 12. Ten days later I woke with tinnitus in both ears since when it has never left me.
I noted on our government Covid19/vaccine side effects page that some (I have no idea how many) people had registered tinnitus as a side effect.
I am coping with it with a great deal of help from the excellent Acufenos Otin Lucas music therapy especially at night and early morning when it is at its worst.
Now, it maybe that as I was extremely concerned about having the vaccine in the first place and my stress levels were undoubtedly high it may be that which has brought it on again.
If however it is as a result of the vaccine, I am worried that it will become even worse after my second shot on the 22nd September.
So my question is has anyone with tinnitus had both vaccine shots and had their tinnitus get worse?
DAE Avatar
Alvaro76
Colaborador del Foro
Colaborador del Foro

Re: Tinnitus and pfizer vaccine?

Mensaje por Alvaro76 »

Hello, I have had the two shots of Pfizer vaccine and I didn't have experienced any change on my tinnitus.
Regards,
DAE Avatar
Mary Rose
Usuario del Foro
Usuario del Foro

Mensaje por Mary Rose »

Alvaro76 escribió:
10-09-21 17:04
Hello, I have had the two shots of Pfizer vaccine and I didn't have experienced any change on my tinnitus.
Regards,
Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. It gives me more confidence to have the second dose.
DAE Avatar
Alvaro76
Colaborador del Foro
Colaborador del Foro

Mensaje por Alvaro76 »

Hello again, in this forum there are some people who have had bad experiences in taking Pfizer (and others) vaccines. So, be careful and make sure you are convinced about your final decisión. It is a very personal one. I have only written my own experence just to provide you some information.
I hope someone else could help you with more information.
Regards,
DAE Avatar
Mary Rose
Usuario del Foro
Usuario del Foro

Mensaje por Mary Rose »

I understand and thank you for your warning Alvero but I feel I have no better choice than to go ahead with the second shot and risk a worsening of the tinnitus, compared to (at my age) contracting covid 19 and if I survive, having a 40% higher possibility of long covid tinnitus. I know another tinnitus sufferer who is older and had the 2 pfizer shots with no increase in levels. It would be nice to hear from others, but at least I know two of you have been OK. I know that each of us have different reactions to vaccines and diseases. I just have to hope that I will be as lucky as you two.
DAE Avatar
anton
Colaborador del Foro
Colaborador del Foro

Mensaje por anton »

Hi Mary Rose: I had two shots of Pfizer with no impact on my tinnitus. If anything, a slight improvement probably due to the relief of feeling protected against COVID. I hope your tinnitus gets better.
DAE Avatar
Mary Rose
Usuario del Foro
Usuario del Foro

Mensaje por Mary Rose »

Hi Anton
Thank you for your supportive message. It reminded me that I have been intending to come back to the forum to let others know the outcome of my second pfizer shot. My expectation, listening to others, was that the reaction to the the second shot was usually more severe than the first, so I approached the appointment with some trepidation.
In reality it was a big fat nothing. No side effects whatever.
My tinnitus has not gone away completely but as you say a lowering of anxiety helps it a lot.
I worked out my hertz level and chose sound therapy from Otin Lucas which I play every night when I go to bed. Not only does it send me to sleep but has greatly improved my tinnitus. I feel I am now moving along the path of habituation and I am relieved and grateful for the help I have received. Thank you all.

Mary
DAE Avatar
Estefania2001
Colaborador del Foro
Colaborador del Foro

Mensaje por Estefania2001 »

Hello!
My experience is the same as Anton's.
No negative effect on tinnitus, it has been almost two months since I received both doses and great.
I'm glad you're better. ♥️
Resiliencia
Responder